It’s not because we can’t stand his acne that you have to ‘plaster’ your face! the makeup of a acne skin is subtle ! “Yes, we have to lighten the gestures compared to usual”, advises Carine Larchet.
How to properly clean your face?
With the port of mask, adolescent girls and women with oily skin, with fluent or retentional seborrhea may suffer, again acne.
It must be said that “the mask creates an ideal microcosm to promote acne breakouts, moisture leading to maceration », Informs the makeup artist.
And it is not because a large part of the face is hidden that it should be neglected!
“You clean your face with a suitable product such as soap without soap”, suggests Carine Larchet. This is the base before applying makeup.
How to hydrate your skin when you have acne?
It all depends on whether you follow a isotretinoin treatment or not. If this is the case, “we opt for a compensating cream, who mattifies the skin while favoring hydration, specifies the makeup artist. Because oily skin can also tighten if it is not sufficiently hydrated. ”
What if we just have one mild acne ? “We can use a antibacterial and anti-inflammatory cream », Suggests the makeup artist.
In any case, it is important not to overload the skin which is already emotionally overloaded.
Which foundation to choose for acne-prone skin?
Not just any! The foundation must be adapted to the pathology.
“We prefer a dermo-cosmetic corrective foundation, lightened in additives and adjuvants,” advises the makeup artist. We work it with a sponge if we have more than 25% of the face affected by acne. “
Applying your foundation properly: 2 techniques
1. With a sponge clean (ideally washed with soap and water after each use), apply the face powder from the lower face, from the inside to the outside, going up in the direction of the needles of a watch and going down by the other side of the face to finish by the neck.
“If a few pimples persist, we go back over them by exerting a little pressure with the sponge and by making a circular movement, proposes the make-up artist. This allows the pigment to be deposited on the area to be hidden. ”
Good to know: you don’t use your fingers for hygiene reasons and because they stimulate the production of sebum.
2. If you have few acne pimples, you can apply your foundation with a brush, either a flat brush in smoothing is a kabuki brush. “We apply the foundation by patting gently, which gives a more airy complexion,” says Carine Larchet.
What products? Liquid foundation SOS Clinique formula, Tolériane corrective foundation La Roche Posay, Skin Clearing Liquid Makeup Neutrogena clarifying foundation.
Which cream to use on acne-prone skin?
Rather than a BB cream intended for normal to dry skin, “You have to buy a special unifying treatment for acne-prone skin because, not only, it moisturizes, mattifies and unifies, but, in addition, it is antibacterial ”, specifies the make-up artist.
The unifying treatment is applied starting from the bottom of the face and smoothing from the inside to the outside.
What if we still see a few acne pimples? “We also use alocal corrector light beige or golden beige, depending on her complexion, but never lighter or darker than the color of her skin, ”warns Carine Larchet. And to apply it correctly, “we make a cross on the button with the small concealer brush and, with a clean finger, we melt the rim of the cross outwards and lightly tap the button. ”
What products? Mat Skin Cosmetology, La Roche Posay Effaclar duo + unifying treatment Hydréane, BB Clear Normaderm Vichy.
Can you put powder on acne pimples?
Normally, the powder is not necessary because the unifying treatment (or the foundation) must be sufficiently mattifying. Nevertheless, exceptionally, the powder can be used. “We apply it delicately with a brush on the forehead, eyelids (if we put make-up on them), the wings of the nose, the outline of the mouth, and the chin, ”explains the make-up artist.
Acne: how to hide pimples without applying makeup?
Hiding your buttons without applying makeup is impossible! It is still necessary to carry out a minimum of care. “We apply at least one moisturizing and soothing cream, recommends Carine Larchet. Then, using a corrector, we target the buttons by making a cross over them with the brush and melting the corrector outwards. ”
What products? Keracnyl stick Ducray, DemoPure corrector Eucerin, Tolériane corrector brush La Roche Posay.
Does applying makeup give you pimples?
Yes, if it is not suitable for his skin type.
“For acne-prone skin, products with a dermatological aim should be preferred,” advises the makeup artist. And beware of adjuvants and additives that contribute to the appearance of pimples. “
Good hygiene is also essential. “If the skin is poorly cleansed, the pores become blocked, a comedone appears (black point and/or white pimple), a pimple can appear, inflame and form a cyst”, warns Carine Larchet.
Then, you clean your face with soap without soap, a micellar water that we use by patting and not by rubbing and we think, of course, of removing make-up from the mouth with a cotton pad, the eyes with two other cotton pads.
Well made up even with a mask!
the wearing a mask to protect themselves and others from the Covid-19, hide three quarters of the face. This is no reason not to wear makeup anymore. Simply, instead of betting everything on the mouth and the lipstick, it is better to enhance the upper part of the face: the forehead, the eyebrows, the eyes. Here is the advice of Carine Larchet, and Active Cosmetics makeup artist.
- We start with the concealer: to bring light and radiance to the eyes, we think of applying an eye contour treatment. How to choose your concealer? A tone is lighter than her skin tone. Golden beige corrects dark circles pigmented, pinkish beige illuminates. It is applied by making small short lines all around the eye: like rays of the sun, and we smooth outwards.
- We structure our eyebrows : There are several solutions. You can just brush your eyebrows and apply a little hairspray on a suitable brush to tame them. You can also pick up their character with a pencil. It should be chosen neither too greasy nor too dry and apply it from the bottom to the top, following the curve of the eyebrows.
- We draw his gaze: we start by working the outline of the eye with a pencil: brown, gray, bronze, plum, or black. We first shade the level of the lower lashes, starting from the inner corner and working towards the outside. Continue with an eyeshadow of the same tone that you blend by going up slightly on the eyelid. And we end with mascara of course to enhance the look!