Ceylon cinnamon essential oil is a natural super antibiotic that can be used to treat infections, even severe, recurrent, or tropical infections. But it must be used with great care. Advice to follow with Oriane Jurado, naturopath.
What is that ?
The cinnamon tree (cinnamomum zylanicum or cinnamomum verum) is a tree measuring 6 to 12 meters from above. Its leaves are evergreen, oval, pointed and measure about 20 cm long. They have three main veins, yellow in color. The cinnamon tree blooms in clusters of small white flowers with six petals, and red or black berries. Cinnamon trees are found in Sri Lanka, India, Madagascar, the Comoros and the Seychelles.
In the first century BC, the cinnamon tree was already mentioned in the traditional chinese pharmacopoeia, for its virtues stimulating and purifying. It has been widely used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine for 3,000 years. A little anecdote: we even find cinnamon as a component of love philter of Tristan and Yseult!
TheEssential oil of cinnamon is light yellow to amber color. Its smell is both sweet and peppery.
Thecinnamon essential oil is carried out from the bark (the cinnamon sticks that we know) which is distilled. This essential oil is rich in cinnamaldehyde and eugenol. It can also be made from the leaves, which gives a softer essential oil, better suited to aromatherapy in home use because it requires less precautions for use.
When purchasing, the bark or leaves precision is normally required. If it is not specified, it is better to opt for another brand.
What are the differences between Ceylon cinnamon essential oil and Chinese cinnamon oil? Ceylon cinnamon essential oil and Chinese cinnamon essential oil have almost identical biochemical profiles, and are of comparable action. However, their aromas are quite distinct : – TheCeylon cinnamon essential oil has a scent more subtle and more complex. Its use is preferred to that of China in cosmetic. – Ceylon cinnamon essential oil also has a slightly higher concentration of cinnamaldehyde. – Less present on the market, Ceylon cinnamon essential oil is more expensive!
What are its properties?
Ceylon cinnamon essential oil is anti-infectious, antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal. It is renowned for overcome over 99% of pathogens ! In particular against multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria classic.
She is also toning, stimulating the adrenal cortex and requesting theactivation of the sympathetic nervous system. It is he who manages the automatic functions of the body: breathing, heartbeat, muscle contractions of the intestines …
- It’s a intestinal antiseptic.
- It is effective against parasites (fungus, lice, scabies, ringworm).
- She treats urogenital infections.
- She treats them respiratory infections like sinusitis, bronchitis …
- She fights the physical fatigue, intellectual, theasthenia in the elderly.
- It is useful in convalescent.
- It is effective against baby blues, the overwork.
- It lowers the blood glucose level, so it is useful in case of type 2 prediabetes.
- It acts on libido.
How do you use it?
- Orally : this is the way it is the most efficient. It is used for a short time.
- By diffusion : she may be irritating to respiratory mucous membranes. It must be diluted (10% maximum) in a mixture of softer essential oils such as lemon, tangerine, orange.
- In massage : dermo-caustic, she never apply pure to the skin. It must be diluted (5% maximum) in a neutral oil and be applied only to a very localized skin area. Good to know: in case of skin fragility, it is preferable to use a less abrasive oil.
In what quantity?
For any type of infection, combine 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil with 2 drops of a hepatic protector as’lemon essence, thecoriander essential oil seeds orrosemary verbenone essential oil, on a neutral support (tablet) or in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, 3 times a day for 5 days. In prevention, the treatment can be extended over a period of 15 days with a single daily intake.
What are the indications and dosage of Ceylon cinnamon essential oil?
– To treat nail fungus : mix a drop of Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil with 1 drop ofpalmarosa essential oil. Apply directly to the nail, using a cotton swab, being careful not to get it on the skin. To be done once a day until complete regrowth of a healthy nail.
– Against warts : start by protecting the healthy skin around the wart by applying a little colorless nail polish, then apply with a cotton swab 1 drop of essential oil of cinnamon on the wart, once a day until its disappearance.
– To combat physical and intellectual fatigue : combine 1 drop of Ceylon cinnamon essential oil with 2 drops of lemon essence, coriander seed essential oil or rosemary verbenone essential oil. Place on a neutral tablet (on sale in pharmacies) and take in the morning and noon 5 days a week for a maximum of 14 days.
– Against snacking : mix equal parts of Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil with green mandarin or sweet orange essence. Breathe in this mixture as soon as you feel hungry.
– To stimulate libido : mix 1 drop of Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil with 15 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil and 20 drops of ginger essential oil in 50 ml of vegetable oil. Place a few drops of the mixture on the lower back and spine of your partner and massage for a few moments. Then switch roles. Warning, never apply to the genitals !
– To sanitize a room : count one drop of Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil for 5 square meters. Add water (see the quantity on the instructions for use of the electric diffuser).
Precautions for use
Ceylon cinnamon essential oil being hepato-toxic, she must always be associated with another essential oil with hepato-protective virtues (see paragraph ‘in what quantity’) and be diluted carefully to protect the digestive mucosa. Prolonged use or use at too high a dose may cause decreased liver detoxification functions.
Invigorating, it should not be taken at the end of the day, especially if you suffer from difficulty falling asleep orinsomnia.
What are the contraindications for Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil?
Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil is prohibited in children under 7 years old, at the pregnant woman and at the breastfeeding woman.
It should not be used in case ofgastric or duodenal ulcer and, more generally, among hepato-sensitive people.
By its hypoglycemic virtues, it cannot be taken by diabetics under treatment.
It is also not recommended for hypotensive people, under anticoagulant treatment and before one surgical intervention, because the eugenol it contains is a blood thinner.
The people allergic to cinnamon or Peruvian balsam must not use Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil.
And, finally, the concomitant intake of paracetamol is prohibited.
Ceylon cinnamon essential oil in cooking It can be used sparingly! She perfumes the white meats, the oriental-cooked vegetables, and raises certain desserts such as crumble, the gingerbread. At what dose? 1 drop of Ceylon Cinnamon essential oil to mix in 2 tablespoons of edible oil or sugar.
Ground cinnamon for the hair Ceylon cinnamon naturally lightens hair. But being dermo-caustic, it is not the essential oil that is used, but the ground cinnamon.