The essential oil of clove or clove is effective against dental pain, gingivitis, canker sores. In what form to use it? What precautions should be taken? All the answers.
What is that ?
The clove (Syzygium aromaticum) is a conical shaped shaft, at evergreen foliage. It belongs to the family of myrtaceae. It measures 10 to 15 meters high, and between 3 and 4 meters in a greenhouse. Its flowers have four pinkish-white petals, and these are the flower buds who are called cloves. This tropical fruit tree also supports living indoors. The clove is native to Madagascar and grows in all countries where the humid tropical climate does not last more than 3 months. It is therefore found in Indonesia, on the island of Zanzibar, in Madagascar.
To achieve theclove essential oil we distill it flower bud or ‘nail’. Clove essential oil mainly contains the following molecules: eugenol, eugenyl acetate, β–caryophyllene.
Clove essential oil: what benefits, what properties?
Clove essential oil is mainly indicated for:
- treat the dental pains, the gingivitis, the aphtosis thanks to its properties analgesics and antibacterial ;
- treat them respiratory infections (nasopharyngitis, colds, sinusitis, bronchitis…) Thanks to its antibacterial properties;
- relieve digestive disorders like the bloating, the gas, the intestinal spasms thanks to its antispasmodic properties;
- come to the end of urinary tract infections thanks to its antibacterial properties.
How to use clove essential oil?
There is two ways to use clove essential oil: in skin application diluted to a maximum of 5% in vegetable oil, or by oral diluted in a little edible vegetable oil, mixed with lemon tree essential oil, at a rate of 2 drops, 2 times a day for a maximum of 5 days.
On the other hand, theclove essential oil is not recommended for inhalation and diffusion because she is irritating to the respiratory tract.
Clove essential oil for massage and skin application
- For relieve the pain of cavities : apply a drop of essential oil on the tooth using a cotton swab.
- For treat a canker sore : prepare a 5% dilution of clove essential oil, place a drop of this mixture on a cotton swab and apply to the canker sore 3 times a day for about 3 days.
- To get a healthy mouth : perform a gargle made with a drop of clove essential oil for a glass of lukewarm water. Rinse your mouth afterwards.
- For treat ENT infections : prepare a 5% dilution of clove essential oil in neutral vegetable oil. Massage the spine and back, twice a day until symptoms improve or disappear, but not for more than 5 days.
- For relieve intestinal bloating : diluted at 5% in neutral vegetable oil, massage the stomach clockwise to evacuate bloating, intestinal gas.
- For remove a wart : apply a drop of essential oil on the wart using a cotton swab, being very careful not to get it on healthy skin.
- For relieve an insect bite : apply a drop of essential oil on the bite, taking care not to get it on the surrounding skin.
- For treat scabies : dilute to 5% the essential oil of clove in a neutral vegetable oil and apply to the affected areas.
Oral clove essential oil
Before using clove oil by mouth, it is best to seek advice from a healthcare professional.
- For treat cystitis : diluted in a little edible vegetable oil, mixed with lemon tree essential oil. In general, for adults, 2 drops, 2 times a day, 5 days maximum.
- For treat an intestinal infection : diluted in a little edible vegetable oil, mixed with lemon tree essential oil. In general, for adults, 2 drops, 2 times a day, 5 days maximum.
What precautions should be taken ?
Clove essential oil is an essential oil reserved for adults. Dermocaustic, it can irritated skin and mucous membranes, therefore, it should be used with caution.
What are the contraindications?
Clove essential oil should not be used in patients with hepatic impairment. It is also contraindicated in people suffering from seizures.epilepsy, and in case ofallergies to aromatic molecules.
Clove essential oil should not be used by pregnant women nor by nursing mothers their baby.
It is better not to use it in case of current medical treatment without first seeking the advice of a health professional.