Cellulite is “worked” on three axes: food, massages (draining, palpate-roll), and sport. The ideal in terms of sport: combine gymnastic exercises (which will strengthen and “reshape” areas prone to cellulite: buttocks, hips, thighs) with cardio training intended to “dislodge” fat.
Strength training and cardio training to work on cellulite
First weight training, then cardio. The order of the exercises is important. To get in its fat reserves, the body must have exhausted its protein and sugar reserves, which requires working “hard”.
How often to practice? Ideally three times a week.
Before any exercise, warm-up for 5 minutes. For example, a few bends of the legs (standing-squatting) and lunges before and on the side: standing, the bust straight, we advance alternately, by bending the right leg, then the left leg. Same exercise by bending the leg to the side, the feet still parallel.
Glute and leg work
– Kneeling, resting on the forearms, back well parallel to the ground (without arching), stretch one leg in line with the back, the foot flexes, then lower this leg towards the ground, until the tip of the foot touches the ground. Ten kicks (when you lift your leg, never go beyond the alignment of the back), then switch legs.
– Still on your knees and resting on your forearms, lift one straight leg (still in line with your back), then bend your knee, the sole of the foot facing the ceiling. From this position, bring the knee back to the ground (10 times), then switch legs.
– Another exercise from the starting position: bring the heel of the bent leg towards the buttock (10 times), then change legs.
Anti-cellulite gymnastics: working the hips
– Lying in a lateral position, the elbow on the ground and the head supported in the hand, stretch your 2 legs on the ground (placed one on the other), feet parallel. Ten kicks with the top leg, raising it to about four feet from the ground.
– Perform the same exercise, this time bending the knee of the active leg (10 beats).
– Third exercise: lift and straighten the top leg again. In this “high” position, perform backward rotations with your leg, the foot flexing. Switch sides to do these 3 exercises with the other leg.
Cardio training against cellulite
The previous exercises will be followed by around 30 minutes of cardio training: cycling (outdoors or in an apartment), step, running.
Attention, in the effort, you must not exceed 60% of your maximum heart rate (to calculate it: 220 – age; for example 220 – 30 years = 190). Beyond that, the body will need sugars that it will draw from the muscles!
To check your heart rate during the sports session, just take your pulse at the neck for 15 seconds (index and middle fingers on the aorta) and multiply the result by four.