Period of renewal and D’hope,Christmas may be this year for you the opportunity to free your mind for finally give way to your desires and needs.
The fireplace exercise to dispel dark thoughts
- For this exercise, make yourself comfortable preferably in sitting and close your eyes.
- Relax all the muscles from the top of the scalp to the tips of the toes. Feel for a moment the rhythm of your breathing.
- Imagine now find yourself seated in front of a fireplace. Take a moment to perceive the details of the place where you are, the color of fire, the flame dance. Listen to its cracklings, feel the heat in the palm of your hands, on the surface of your face.
- Now, imagine that there is a pad of paper and a pencil next to you. Enter them. Perceive the materials under your fingers. Note on the first sheet the negative idea that crosses your mind in this period. Write down a word, a sentence. Pick up the sheet from the block of paper then crumple it under your fingers by feeling the pressure exerted.
- Now, imagine throwing the paper ball into the fire. Take the time to watch the leaf ignite, blacken and decompose. PEnjoy the relief that this act gives you. Repeat as much as desired, then end the exercise on a positive note.
- Imagine noting on a last sheet, a thought you would like to address or a personnal project than you dream of accomplishing. Let these letters, these words, register on this sheet and in your mind. Take the time to feel their strength. Fold this sheet carefully and place it in a pocket. Let this note accompany you, perceive its presence. Become aware of the positive that it generates in you and when you feel like it open your eyes.
I wish you to live this Christmas, great and beautiful moments, just for you.
Read also : Why Christmas Decorations Make Us Happy