What solutions are there to give volume to thin lips? Make-up, skin care or injections, here are the tips of 3 experts to find the smile!
Answer with Mike, make-up artist.
- Prepare the contours: by unifying the skin all around the lips with a little face powder. The color of the skin is homogeneous, the blurred imperfections, we create a beautiful backdrop to enhance the mouth.
- Highlight the cupid’s bow and chin: adding a touch ofhighlighter above the lip, just on the lines of the arc, we give an impression of volume on this area which tends to lack it. Ditto on the rounded chin, a touch of highlighter is blended on the finger to illuminate the lower part of the face.
- Leave the edge blurry: we put the color in the center of the mouth without redrawing the outline with a pencil, especially on the lower lip, otherwise beware of the “dog’s lips” effect. The jumbo pencils are perfect for a somewhat imprecise application.
- Soften pointed lips: erase their harsh side and gain volume, filling the hollow between the two tips with a natural pink pencil for the lips.
- Focus on flashy colors: we create a more sophisticated look with colored lacquers. The mirror shine catches the light and highlights the mouth. We choose a vibrant color, poppy, fuchsia pink and we forget the darker ones (brown or purple) which accentuate the smoothness of the lips.
What beauty treatments for thin lips?
Answer with Dominique Rist, Spa treatment expert.
- Exfoliate regularly: we regularly erase the contour of the mouth and the lips with a fine-grained face product. On damp skin, we perform smoothing movements with three fingers, without moving the skin. Exfoliation stimulates cell renewal and capillaries, energizes and smoothes the skin. We can erase 3 or 4 days immediately if you feel the need, to quickly regain a beautiful appearance.
- Nibble her lips : it stimulates blood circulation, nourishes cells, tones and enhances the color of the lips. It is done 1 or 2 times a day after having applied a nourishing balm so that the mucous membrane is very flexible and does not crack.
- Pinch the skin around the mouth : between the index finger and the thumb and without hurting oneself, we pinch the skin around the mouth twice a day. The epidermis is stimulated, plumped up, fine lines smoothed out.
- Use a day cream or an oil : the morning, we often forget the outline of the mouth when we apply a treatment. You can smooth the treatment with two fingers, one above, the other under the lips, but without moving the skin. Or we place a drop of cream on 3 fingers, gently pressed between the nose and the chin.
Which injections to restore volume to the lips?
Response with Dr Catherine de Goursac, aesthetic doctor.
- Smooth the top of the lipss: we eliminate the vertical wrinkles that let the lipstick slip by rehydrating with ainjection of hyaluronic acid. Here, it is not a question of giving volume but simply of smoothing out the unsightly streaks. Hygroscopic hyaluronic acid is used, which lasts a long time and does not attract water.
- Curl the lips : we just give a little more volume to this area which delimits the mucous membrane and the skin with a hyaluronic acid resurfacing, injected into the skin. Very popular, this technique allows to gain in sensuality and redefines the curve of the lips.
- Step up cupid’s bow : the idea is to increase the volume in the middle of the lip by injecting hyaluronic acid into the mucous membrane. With the trend of “selfie mouths”, This technique has met with great success, especially with young women.
- Erase the sad mouth effect : over time, the corners of the lips shrink and sag. Injections of filling hyaluronic acid on this area make it possible to re-inflate and therefore to raise the corners.
- Underline the philtral peaks : these are the two vertical lines that start from the nose and determine the cupid’s bow. They tend to fade over time. With the help of hyaluronic acid reshaping, we accentuate these two ridges, which puts the skin back under tension and rejuvenates the smile.
- Talk to your doctor: adjust the correction by looking at the effect obtained between each injection, to stop when you judge the result to be satisfactory. We can also come accompanied, for example with a friend who knows us well and who will be able to advise us.
4 ways to preserve your lips:
1. Avoid breathing through the mouth: this dehydrates the lips and makes them always look dry.
2. We avoid cigarette : responsible for premature aging around the mouth and lips. The gesture of contraction to suck smoke also promotes the appearance of vertical wrinkles above the mouth.
3. Morning and evening, we cover them with petroleum jelly : this shield is perfect for protecting them from external aggressions and slowing down their dehydration.
4. We think of loosening the jaw : when the lower part of the face is tense, the features of the face harden and the mouth becomes thinner.