To keep your good resolutions throughout this year, practice target exercise.
- Standing, Open eyes, imagine a target in front of you representing your resolution for this new year.
- Take a deep breath, and place your arms as if you are aiming to shoot an archery. To do this, place the left arm outstretched in front of you horizontally, and bring the right fist to the level of your shoulder, elbow extended backwards.
- Blow, throwing the right fist forward, as if the arrow were hitting the center of the target.
- Release the arms along the body, open hands. Breathe freely and close your eyes.
- Perceive your sensations in the right arm, become aware of the determination that activates in your body.
- Imagine now a new target appear, maybe closer,more accessible. This time, try to write down the objective to be achieved today. Imagine having a new arrow and shoot. Perceive the precision of your gesture. Realize your determination to achieve this daily goal.
- Repeat the exercise a second time, then do the same with the other arm.
- On days when you are unable to exercise physically, do not hesitate to take 5 min to just imagine it, eyes closed and body relaxed. All occasions are good to practice this short visualization : public transport,waiting room or during your break time.