The National Education has made great efforts concerning stress management from the first day of Back to School. In kindergarten, in particular, parents can accompany their child to his class, staying with him a little while he becomes familiar. As for primary and secondary school students, a visit to the premises often took place in June.
However, young and old can have a heart that sinks on D-Day, even tears very close.
The sophrology exercise “The Heroes’ Walk”
We can advise children a very simple exercise in sophrology, entitled “The Heroes’ March”.
- Ask your child to close his eyes and think very hard about one or two of his favorite heroes (Dora the Explorer, Franklin the Turtle, Batman, Spiderman …),
- then, ask him to walk on the spot imagining himself being accompanied by his protective heroes,
- finally, make him open his eyes, and feel the confidence his heroes have brought him.
Tip to compensate for the absence of the blanket in kindergarten
At the start of kindergarten, some little ones still have need their blanket ; however, the latter is only allowed during a nap. Little “tip” to still have a blanket with you all day:
- on the way to school, have your child pick up a small pebble that they think is beautiful,
- slip him in his pocket and tell him that he can always give him a good grip in his hand, when he feels a little lonely during the day. This discreet little stone then replaces his blanket which he has not yet mourned.
But children are not the only ones who feel a little stressed on the first day of school. Parents of small section children are often too. And on D-day, they have a hard time managing their emotion.
You have to prepare mentally for it the day before by telling yourself that you are solid and that you will get there. And why not by also doing his heroes’ march. If on D-day, you feel that you are faltering, you just need to take a deep breath while clenching your fist, then breathe out when you release it.
And now, have a good start to all!