Exotic oil, we know it for its sunny scent that rhymes with escape. And for good reason, it is extracted from fresh coconut pulp, a fruit cultivated in the Pacific Islands, Africa, Asia and Central America. Zoom on this natural skin enhancer.
The list of its advantages for the skin:
Its content lauric and linoleic acids, lipids, minerals, antioxidants, vitamins A and E, makes her an all-round benefactor oil.
- Championhydration, “It nourishes the dermis. Its rich galenic constitutes a protective and repairing film, particularly interesting on the skins whose stratum corneum is altered ”, explains Dr Isabelle Gallay, dermatologist.
- Ally anti-aging, its antioxidant assets guarantee a shield against free radicals responsible for skin aging.
- Boost healing, “By acting on the cellular system, this oil boosts collagen synthesis with an optimization of healing,” adds Dr. Gallay. After application, sores, cuts, bites … disappear immediately.
- SOS skin pathologies, “Antifungal, antibacterial, but also antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and healing, it soothes the skin prone to dermatoses such as eczema, psoriasis”, specifies the dermatologist.
- Parade anti stretch marks, its softening properties allow it to optimize the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent the appearance of stretch marks.
Is it suitable for all skin types?
Coconut oil is perfect for dry to combination skin. Skins irritated, damaged, heated by the sun, will find in her a true soothing well-being partner. On the other hand, oily or acne-prone skin, go your way! “Coconut oil has a comedogenicity index of 4 out of 5, which makes it incompatible with the latter”, underlines our expert.
We put on a virgin coconut oil of first cold pressing which guarantees an absence of heat during its preparation, guarantee of perfectly preserved quality. It must be from theOrganic Agriculture thus free of harmful pesticides for the skin. Its conditioning is also important, “vegetable oils being subject to oxidation, they must be stored away from light and heat so as not to deteriorate their quality. Coconut oil is no exception to the rule, it is chosen in a opaque jar and keep it cool », Specifies Dr Gallay.