You like to play discretion on your mouth, favoring nude or gloss. Even natural, lipstick instantly awakens your complexion, pushing dark circles and small blemishes into the background.
Colorful transparent red, the new natural trend
Lightness, a beautiful discreet shine, and a color that lets your lips guess in transparency, this is what these new light reds promise. These are in fact moisturizing balms, little or very colored.
Enriched with active care ingredients (oils and waxes of flowers, natural hyaluronic acid microspheres, etc.), they have plumping action. This is their way of giving shine. Their color is not ephemeral, some leave the lips impregnated with color for a long time.
For Miky, Lancôme make-up artist and a big fan of natural, healthy, shiny lips just enough to give life to the face, there are many reasons to discover this booming family of reds.
5 reasons to adopt it
- You don’t like dark reds. Typical of your need for discretion! You will find your happiness in a wide range of colors. The main thing is to experiment on your lips that even a transparent very vivid to the eye will have a softer result once applied. Thanks to this famous new texture. If you really don’t want any color input, choose a tone as close as possible to the skin tone of your bare lips, more or less pale or pink.
- You don’t like to feel something on your lips. Same requirement, these balms will please you, because they only have an effect of color, not matter.
- Your lips are a cosmetic problem for you. “These reds are the dream of all women who thought their lips were too thin, for example, to be able to put color on them,” says Miky.
- Your eyes are heavily made up. With a smoky or a pronounced outline, discretion on the lips is essential.
- You wear a gold or silver outfit. The mouth must fade into transparency and naturalness. You are not very skillful. If you are looking for ease, adopt the large pencil version of these balms for their good grip. We start by making the outline then we fill the lips by making several back and forth movements, which allows them to soften them. And that without needing a mirror. Ideal for those who put on emergency makeup in the morning.
Chic nude on the lips changes everything
Another way to shine, no longer playing on color but on reflections. You don’t like what glitters? However, you have to put some light on your lips. Jérôme Sandevoir explains the different ways to wear nude and gloss, sophisticated or discreet.
In iridescent version
Whether you like it slightly pinkish or pinkish beige, it should always contain very fine iridescence. In any case, it is never yellow-beige, nor mat.
It is the presence of pink that gives light to beige. This pale color is essential in two cases: if your eyes are heavily made up and if you want to make your lips forget. The almost transparent pinkish beige will blur (“eat” said makeup artists) the color of your lips.
In a light-catching veil
The trick to obtaining the most discreet and yet embellishing glossy possible is to apply a touch of gloss (or shine) to the center of the lips, then blend it with your finger, massaging it to soak the lips well. and leave nothing on the surface.
Nude that holds
In principle, this is not a problem since it is very easy to recover. Otherwise, the solution of Jérôme Sandevoir, make-up artist Dr. Pierre Ricaud, to hold a gloss is to start by removing moisture from the lips by passing a veil of powder (compact or loose).
The gloss adheres better to lips that are dry.