We are talking about from mixed to oily skin with imperfections. “The word imperfection is very vague. This can range from three pimples on the lower face, to a severe form of acne ”, adds Dr Naïma Midoun.
“Unless they are sensitized by dermatological care, tap water associated with products that rinse is often very suitable”, recalls Dr Roos. Even if these skins are reputed to be more resistant than the others, they must be spared and not dried out.
For the face: a deep treatment once a week
The panoply for grooming oily skin is wide, but beware of daily stripping!
- Step 1: to remove makeup, Joëlle Ciocco recommends using a typical texture micellar jelly which will dissolve – with its oils – the makeup particles. “When the skin is oily, washing products are often too aggressive. “
- Step 2: wash with water, with a soap-free gel or one dermatological bar.
- Step 3: in rinsing, a gentle lotion and astringent – with assets like copper, zinc, burdock or willow – can be advised. “Lemon drops on a cotton ball, with a little thermal water, will be perfect”, advises Joëlle Ciocco.
- Once a week: one peeling or one scrub.
When’we have acne, having the right hygienic beauty routine is essential to properly treat blemishes.
For the body: oriental treatment to purify yourself
Theacne can also affect the cleavage and the back, all areas of the body where there are sebaceous glands.
On the body, we can also observe small buttons which, on the other hand, have nothing to do with oily skin: these are the keratosis pilaris. “This is a defect in the renewal of the cells of the epidermis, explains Dr Midoun. In the treatment, we recommend exfoliation, urea-based cosmetics or even an anti-acne cream. “
Even if you want to rub your skin vigorously to purify yourself, you should know that gentle gestures are also effective. Here are the main steps to reproduce at home:
- stay in a vapor bath for 5 minutes, otherwise a hot bath;
- coat the skin with a black soap, or an oil such as jojoba oil;
- exfoliate with a Kessa glove or coarse scrub and rinse.
Skin cleaning at the beautician or dermatologist: what’s the difference?
The dermatologist may suggest a dermatological cleansing that removes blackheads and whiteheads. This is the technical part of the acne treatment. At the institute, the treatment consists of exfoliation, followed by extraction of comedones. The cleansing ends with the application of a purifying mask to give radiance.