The lipstick accessorizes the most sober of outfits. On its own, it is enough to sublimate your face. Finding the perfect color and texture of red, on the other hand, is not always easy. The most important for the parties is to succeed in stare at red as long as possible.
There is no secret, a well-made-up mouth is first a well hydrated and smoothed mouth. Consider making yourself a scrub once a week and apply a touch of lip balm. In the evening, do not hesitate to use it in thick layers, like a mask.
If you want to get a natural result, prefer a loose make-up, which does not enclose the mouth with a pencil line. Once your well hydrated lips, to keep the rouge from streaking, “apply some of those blur pens around the outer edges of the lips,” suggests Miky, make-up artist. . Based on invisible silicone, these pens perfectly fill fine lines. Another solution: opt for a tone-on-tone lip liner that will make it perfectly invisible.
If you prefer energize your lips, Jérôme Sandevoir, make-up artist at Dr Pierre Ricaud, advises to use a lip pencil which will draw a sharp outline and prevent the red from spinning. Choose a pencil a little lighter than your lipstick, taking care to have it very well cut and then to have rounded its tip on the back of the hand. Stretch your lip a little to smooth fine lines and follow the contour, staying on the line between the mucosa and the skin. Starting from the ends, go up towards the center
“To make up for an application error, use a cotton swab soaked in foundation to gently dissolve the pigments, without removing make-up from your complexion,” advises Miky.
Find the right color
When it comes to shade, there are some basic tips you should know. The rcold tone ouges soften dark or brown eyes. The hot redsThey tend to bring out light, blue or green eyes. To find the right shade, test it without wearing makeup. If it makes you shine, it’s good. If your imperfections stand out, skip.
Your shade of red should not only match your eyes, to your skin tone, but also to your outfit and in the bright atmosphere. A beautiful frank red goes perfectly with a black dress, but Miky, make-up artist, also evokes two other key shades:
- a real bright pinkish red will give radiance to your complexion if you wear a beige, pink or powder gray garment.
- a black cherry red will look very beautiful with a smoky gray or other half tone clothing. The best is to associate it with a vaporous fabric which will play down its dark side. The big rule with very dark red is to show a lot of bare skin. Otherwise, with black near the face, the risk is to quickly look gothic …
Red currant pink, plum red, blackcurrant red, and others cool reds will perfectly counterbalance the yellow of artificial lighting. “They bring freshness and liveliness to the face as the yellow light weighs everything down, including the lips.” On the other hand: “One evening of celebration, do not opt for the chestnuts or the lands of Siena. If you choose a burgundy, it should have blackcurrant flavor, not brick, ”Miky recommends.
To revive the color during the evening, do not hesitate to apply a little gloss of the same color as your red, recommends Jérôme Sandevoir.
Playing with textures
You think “texture”, make-up artists talk about “finished on the lips “. There are several types: mat, satin, gloss or transparent. We choose the texture according to his tastes, the satin and transparent effects being the easiest to wear. The difference is no longer on comfort, but on the effect you are looking for and the gesture that you are going to adopt.
- The matte finish, for a silky effect The mate is not what it used to be. Always very covering, it is no longer drying as in its beginnings. Its result, both matt and silky, is astonishing. Polymer technology has a lot to do with it. Contrary to what one might think, he does not harden the features. Neither on very young girls, nor on women, on condition of not putting it in the lower corners of the mouth, which would show the downward folds. Its great asset is not to slip into fine lines. In a fluid version, it is closer to an ink texture, as if lightened, even more intangible.
- The shiny finish, for a luminous result Very saturated in pigments, very covering, without anything sticky, the lip lacquer allows to illuminate your lips. Depending on the number of coats you apply, the effects will range from very bright to ultra-bright. The mouth will be more sophisticated if we put several. Conversely, for a more discreet effect, just apply it and skate it with your finger.
- The satin finish, more classic Neither matte nor shiny, but a bit of both at the same time, the satin finish is a happy medium that works. It can be a little creamy, the most successful are closer to a semi-matte. These subtle textures are very popular because they combine elegance with ease. The downside: the satin texture tends to hold a little shorter on the lips and will require more retouching.
“If you opt for a mouth worked, just apply a little mascara and a very light line of eyeliner. If necessary, highlight your eyebrows and add a bit of bronze blush that goes to all the irises. If instead you choose a nude mouth, do not hesitate to accentuate your gaze “, sums up Miky.