Become mythical by the song “69 erotic year”, this sexual position is a true allegory of love! So how do you prepare for it, succeed and enjoy it? We tell you everything!
But what is so special about the 69 position? Jean-Claude Piquard, sex therapist and author of an essay entitled Good use of sex: the birth order against sexual freedom, take stock with us on the advantages and disadvantages of this emblematic position to make love.
What is 69?
The symbolic of the number 69 is explicit: through the numbers 6 placed head-to-tail, we mean in fact that each sex is turned towards the head of the other. “During the 69, there is no penetration, it is a mutual oral-genital masturbation. »Concretely, you lie down head to tail with your partner and simultaneously practice a cunnilingus and an fellatio.
Some people like this sex position, we can even play “the one who enjoys the first one loses”, as in the Comics Self love by Martin Veyron or just make one preliminary before a penetration. Others like it less because they find it difficult to be active, while they themselves are in the throes of pleasure. They prefer to differ, one step after another.
What are the advantages of the 69 position?
- Rebalance fellatio and cunnilingus : fellatio has been over-represented compared to cunnilingus, even if this gap is gradually decreasing in porn, at least in some pornos.
- Experiencing non-penetrative sexuality (and enjoyment) : “Reciprocal masturbation has always existed, most often for contraceptive purposes, we find the first traces around 1600. This explains the surge of the prohibition of masturbation around 1760. Today, we speak more readily of non-penetrative sexuality, ”explains the sexologist.
- Simultaneously share the pleasure of giving and the joy of receiving : one of the main assets of 69 is the feeling of merging completely with your partner and feeling your own enjoyment at the same time as that of the other.
Health advice before oral sex
- Protect yourself in the event of intercourse with an occasional partner: there is of course a risk of infection with a sexually transmitted infection during a 69. Among them: genital herpes, papillomavirus, HIV, hepatitis B, etc. Therefore, if you have not done a test with your partner, it is recommended to put a condom and / or a dental dam for this sexual practice.
- Take care of your personal hygiene : to combine the useful with the pleasant, a little foreword will be welcome. You will thus eliminate bacteria of all kinds while enveloping yourself in a refreshing smell of cleanliness, very engaging for your partner. You can also go through the hair removal box if you like, but banish the razor which could irritate your skin and sting that of your partner during sex.
- However, avoid brushing your teeth and the use of dental floss in the hour before and after oral sex.
- Do not practice if there is an injury or inflammation in the mouth : to protect themselves and their partner, the French Dental Association advises against any practice of oral sex in the event of injury or inflammation in the mouth, teeth or gums.
- Practice the 69 on the flank : in almost all representations of 69, the partners are on top of each other. However, practiced on the side, in a lateral position, the 69 is cooler for both partners. This allows you to be more comfortable so to take full advantage of the moment and to linger more where you know.
- Rather the woman above if you are on top of each other : Women are generally lighter than their male counterparts, it is better for them to be above if you practice the 69 horizontally. That said, if the gentleman is light or is careful not to crush his partner, it can very well go the other way around. Finally, some people appreciate the weight of a partner as long as he is not suffocating. So it is debatable.
- Take breaks: as during a fellatio or cunnilingus but even more because the other is also taken in his action, it is necessary mark breaks to catch his breath, his breathing, to make the pleasure last, and why not exchange three words (we are not animals) … In short, take your time.
- Use the rest of your body : in this position we do not exchange with the eyes, but we can communicate with the rest of the body. You can touch, stroke, grab pretty much whatever you want in your partner. His whole body is offered to you and vice versa! Enjoy it ….
- Add a hint of je ne sais quoi: sex toy, fingers, sweet talk, it depends, but a little extra doesn’t hurt! .
- Do not try to enjoy at all costs and even less in concert with the other: of course the simultaneous enjoyment is a must and it can happen, but finally, in these terribly exciting conditions, it is sometimes difficult to achieve orgasm as the emotion is strong and the concentration is disturbed. In these cases, other avenues open to lovers who would like to reach seventh heaven. In any case, the main thing is to enjoy the trip.
69: what are the alternative positions?
Test position 68
For those who do not know where to turn during a 69, an alternative can be the 68 which consists in only one of the two partners does oral sex or cunnilingus. But it is then neither more nor less than a fellatio or a cunnilingus, you will say to me. And you would be partly right if not that here, it is the position in which this is done that matters. Indeed, the one who will practice oral sex will necessarily be below and the one who will receive it will be lying on their back on their partner.
Benefits ? Unprecedented sensations guaranteed and easy to fully enjoy his pleasure for the partner above. Attention: in this position, delicacy is all the more appropriate as the possibilities of crushing the other are stronger!
A standing 69?
You will have understood it would be necessary in addition to hold on to the other while practicing the sexual act. So why not frankly, but on condition of having trained a little before, without sex, or of being two seasoned athletes.
In short, the 69 is beautiful, it’s good and it feels good. It does, however, require a certain degree of privacy. A crime which is therefore reserved for insiders.