Living with a chronic back pain also has consequences on your married life and your sexuality. Certain positions may indeed accentuate lower back pain. Our wise advice for adopting the right postures under the duvet.
General advice valid for all positions
“So that the back does not tense up, the vertebrae must all be aligned with each other, like the beads of a rosary, image Evelyne Le Corre, yoga teacher. Whatever position you are in, here are the gestures and movements to adopt.
- Tuck in the lower abdomen and work the abs: most back problems come from the fact that the belly is not muscular enough and that thewe arch. Remember to contract your abdominals during sex, “swallow your belly”, this will allow you to decamber the spine.
- Bring the pubis forward: by tilting your pelvis forward, you will relieve the lower back (lower back), and correspondingly protect them since you will thus keep your back straight.
- Bring the chin slightly forward: often the head tilts forward or backward, causing a spinal twist. So remember to keep your head in line with the latter, that is to say slightly tilted forward (: put a closed fist between chest and chin to find the ideal tilt.).
- Use cushions : When lying on your back, place a small cushion or yoga brick below the tailbone. This will make it possible to reproduce this effect of retroversion of the pelvis “.
The most relaxing Kama-Sutra positions for the back
- The spoons, or position 99 of Kamasutra. “Because it reproduces the position of the fetus, it respects the natural curves of the spine,” explains our teacher. The ideal is then to use a cushion between the knees and the thighs, so that the legs are aligned and relaxed.
- The nap position also called “the square”. Tender and peaceful, this position is no less erotic and pleasant. It provides both partners relaxation and great comfort while offering each a panoramic view of the other. What else? To practice it, it’s simple: the woman is lying on her back with her knees raised. The man lies on his side in front of his partner so as to find himself perpendicular to her. “Here again the partners do not risk hurting each other since the position allows not to arch the column. For women, it is recommended to place a small cushion under the top of the head this time, in order to bring the chin to the chest and therefore to keep the spine straight, ”explains Evelyne Le Corre.
- The drunken Boat (missionary with legs raised for Madame). For those who would like a thrilling position that won’t hurt their back, this one is perfect. Madame is not arched and gentleman, who manages the penetration, can also rely on the legs of his companion to keep his back straight. “As for the previous position, remember to keep your chin a little down”. NB: this position promotes deep penetration.
Inverted missionary, Amazon and derivatives (Amazon upside down, resting on the feet, etc.), all these positions also do the job, as long as you don’t arch your back!
Doggy style forgotten?
If you keep your back straight and tuck your stomach in a bit, you can afford to practice it without any problem. In fact, you will thus prevent the lower back muscles from twisting and, on the contrary, allow them to be stretched and lengthened.
Adapt to your pain
Of course, it is important to listen to your body: what applies to Peter does not necessarily apply to Paul or Jacques. One piece of advice that is valid: first choose the position that is the least painful for you.
Beyond positions, this is the perfect opportunity for you gently massage this time placing a cushion under the lower abdomen so as not to arch the back.
There you have it, to protect your back, your abdominal and gluteal muscles will be your best allies. Be sure to keep the straight spine and don’t get into positions that are too convoluted.
Yours, and your back.