The essential oil of oregano compact is at the same time antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antiparasitic, and immunostimulant. Incredible qualities to discover with Oriane Jurado, naturopath.
What is compact oregano?
Thecompact oregano is a typical plant of dry land, hot and chalky. His name would mean ‘adornment of the mountains’. It is not necessary not to confuse it with oregano which is used in cooking ! The latter is called ‘common oregano’ or ‘green oregano’. Oregano is, in fact, the wild version of the marjoram.
Compact oregano grows in Morocco, Spain but also in the south of France. It is part of the Lamiaceae family. It is a perennial sub-shrub measuring 30 to 80 cm high.
What parts are used for the essential oil?
Those are the flowering tops, compact and a purple to purplish pink that are used to extract the essential oil. The latter is orange to light brown in color. His herbaceous smell can recall that of thyme. Like the latter, it contains an important thymol content.
What are its properties?
Thecompact oregano essential oil is a powerful anti-infective broad spectrum. For example, it is effective against streptococci, theEscherichia coli, theHelicobacter pylori, the papillomavirus…
Its action is that of a natural eubiotic : that is to say that she destroys harmful germs while protecting the saprophytic bacteria of the intestinal flora. The latter ensuring our immunity.
In allopathy, the antibiotic destroys all bacteria which can lead to the development of vaginal yeast infection or intestinal.
What does compact oregano essential oil work on?
Immunostimulant, antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, it is of great help in many cases.
- She treats respiratory tract infections as’angina, the sinusitis, the rhinitis, the laryngitis, the nasopharyngitis, the tracheitis, the bronchitis.
- She treats them intestinal infections as the gastroenteritis, the parasitosis, the infectious diarrhea, the turista, theenterocolitis.
- It is effective against urinary tract infections as the cystitis, the nephritis.
- It acts on Nosocomial infections in addition to allopathy.
- It is effective onherpes, the shingles, the mononucleosis, the influenza because it is both antiviral and virucidal.
- She is neurotonic and stimulating, effective in case of chronic fatigue, whether the latter is physical, mental or nervous.
How do you use it?
There are two ways to use compact oregano essential oil:
- cutaneous : after having carefully diluted it and for a very localized application only because the essential oil of compact oregano is dermocaustic;
- orally : again, always making sure to dilute it well to avoid irritating the oral mucosa. It is strongly recommended to favor the intake in the form of capsules or capsules ready for use in organic stores or pharmacies.
- On the other hand, the essential oil of compact oregano is not used in diffusion, this mode not corresponding to the pathologies that it treats.
What are the indications and dosage of compact oregano essential oil?
- To treat an ENT infection : 1 drop of compact oregano essential oil + 2 drops of lemon essence (+ possibly 1 drop of thujanol thyme essential oil) on a neutral tablet or in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, at a rate 3 times a day for 5 days.
- To treat an intestinal infection : 1 drop of compact oregano essential oil (+ possibly 1 drop of peppermint essential oil + 1 drop of bay leaf essential oil) on a neutral tablet or in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, at a rate 3 times a day for 5 days.
- To rule out a urinary tract infection : 1 drop of compact oregano essential oil + 2 drops of lemon essence on a neutral tablet or in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, 4 times a day for 5 days.
- Another possibility for urinary tract infection, or cystitis: 10 drops of compact oregano essential oil + 25 drops of palmarosa essential oil in 4 ml of vegetable oil. Apply 3 to 4 drops of the mixture by massaging the lower abdomen, 3 times a day for 5 days.
- To boost general immunity : 1 drop of essential oil of compact oregano + 2 drops of lemon essence on a neutral tablet or in a teaspoon of vegetable oil, once a day in the morning, and 5 days out of 7 every 15 days.
- Against fatigue : 5 drops of compact oregano essential oil + 30 drops of black spruce essential oil in 4 ml of vegetable oil. Apply 3 to 4 drops of this mixture in the morning, rubbing against the adrenal glands which are located just above the kidneys.
What precautions should be taken with the essential oil of compact oregano?
The essential oil of compact oregano being dermocaustic, it is always necessary dilute it to at least 5% in a vegetable oil before applying it, in a localized way, by the cutaneous route.
Orally, it is to associate with a hepatoprotector (like lemon oil or rosemary verbenone essential oil), especially when used for several days in a row.
Extraordinarily efficient, it is to be reserved for chronic or recurrent infections that resist the usual treatments, rather than for the small ailments of everyday life.
Oregano essential oil compact should not be used for a long time : maximum 5 days, and the daily doses must not exceed 6 drops.
What are its contraindications?
The essential oil of compact oregano should absolutely not be used in the following cases:
- in children under 15;
- in pregnant women;
- in the nursing mother.
- In case of gastritis, ofstomach ulcer, of liver cirrhosis and D’Hepatic insufficiency do not use the oral route.