A little reminder about orgasm: orgasm generally results in three to ten perivaginal muscle contractions with an interval of about 0.8 seconds between each of them (source 1).
What is a multiple orgasm and how does it work?
When one enjoys several times in a row or semi-continuously for an indefinite time, then there is status orgasmus or multiple orgasm.
- Orgasmus status would correspond to a succession of small orgasms which follow one another, causing an effect of pleasure “in bursts” or “in echo”.
- Multiple orgasm would be the fruit of several distinct, consecutive orgasms, more and more deep and intense, causing an ecstatic orgasmic state.
Anyway, if in some cases and like men, orgasm promotes in women the phenomenon of detumescence after love which generates a small refractory period post-orgasm, it is not a necessity organic ! Women can biologically cum several times during the same intercourse. Some lucky girls therefore experience multiple orgasm or orgasmus status. Men sometimes manage to enjoy without ejaculating and therefore to pave the way for several orgasms during the same report, however multi-orgasmic women seem to be much more numerous than their male counterparts.
Can all women have multiple orgasms in a row?
According to a study conducted by Victoria Milan, a social network for discreet adventures, among women in 15 countries, more than 40% of them say they have had 5 to 10 orgasms in a row. In an interview for The Express (source 2), Dr Bianchi-Demicheli, estimates that “about 17% of the female population has repeated orgasms, and at least as many have a multi-orgasmic potential, that is to say which asks only to be expressed ”.
” But it is not not just a question of mechanics, tempers Dr Bianchi-Demicheli, who has already observed anorgasmic patients suddenly becoming multi-orgasmic by changing partners. (…) socio-cultural factors, such as finding sexuality or masturbation dirty, can inhibit the reward system and therefore psychosexual functioning, adds Dr Bianchi-Demicheli. It’s all about neural networks … and letting go. ”
Indeed, the relationship to multiple orgasm can vary from day to day and evolve over time: the same woman can sometimes have refractory periods, and sometimes not, or be refractory young then no longer at all: “Young, once I had enjoyed, I could not stand it any longer. ‘I’m being touched on my sex,’ says Jessica. It literally got on my nerves. Now, on the contrary, the more I touch myself after the first orgasm, the more I am stimulated and aroused. ”
Testimonials from women: what effect does it have?
Echoing orgasms : whether they continue to touch each other or not after a first orgasm, some women feel this echo: “I recently continued to record orgastic spasms without touching myself, as if the” machine “, committed to its momentum, continued to work on its own, ”confided a user.
“Generally, the first orgasm takes a long time to arrive, it’s always the strongest, and the others follow if I continue, almost automatically. After the first, the earthquake, the others are like aftershocks, small revivals of pleasure, about a minute apart, or even less. », Explains Marion to The Express (source 2).
Orgasms in abyss : other women (or the same) also describe more and more intense orgasms : “The first is good, but those that follow are often more profound. In any case, I feel peaks and waves of enjoyment, like mountains of orgasm or orgasms in the mountains, details Jessica. Once the first one is over, I just go up and down in excitement and enjoyment. ”
Nirvanic state of fullness : the brain is like an under-perfusion, “drugged” by the hormones of pleasure. This sometimes results in a very powerful feeling of hovering:
“After a while, I feel an extremely deep sense of well-being that spreads throughout my body. My head is spinning and I am totally high, as if I were drunk… When I am really listening to my feelings, I can almost draw the paths of orgasms in my body. ”
However, note that sometimes women regret having found the trick! “I know it might sound crazy, but there are days when I would prefer it to work less well. As it is deeply fun, I have to really force myself to stop. And with men, I get frustrated if you make love in 10 minutes and I only have one, or even no orgasm at all… I feel like I’ve become a bit addicted. ”
Not to mention those who suffer from persistent genital arousal syndrome (SEGP), a disorder that causes orgasms at the slightest movement of the pelvis, and for whom this is therefore a real problem.
What promotes multiple orgasm?
- Masturbation : it is the famous know thyself. Your body holds little secrets, even for you. Visiting your intimacy from top to bottom through masturbation is the first way to find the hiding places of multiple orgasm.
- Learning : This is the logical continuation of the first tip: it takes time and training to learn something about the way your body works.
- Multiple stimulation : who says multiple orgasm says multiple stimulation. Because, as the expert Francesco-Bianchi Demicheli emphasizes: “In women, there are several potential sources of stimulation that can cause orgasm. Besides clitoral stimulation and vaginal penetration, some women have an orgasmic response through anal stimulation, cervical stimulation (at the level of the cervix), but also of the mouth, nipples, neck, voice or even by erotic imagination without needing to be touched. Some women have much more and stronger multiple orgasms if more than one area of their body is affected along with their clitoris.
- Loneliness : it is more difficult to synchronize your orgasms with that of a partner. So women have more facilities to experience these multiple orgasms in solo. “When I’m all alone and I masturbate, successive orgasms are the rule. In a relationship, it’s not the same, it depends on the configurations, the state of fatigue, if there is time in front we…”
- A listening and mature partner : as evidenced by Solène, a man who knows women and especially who wants to love them will allow them to abandon themselves and therefore to live the multiple orgasm: “I allow myself positions and things that I did not do not before, like touching me in front of him and during the act. “
- A slow coming partner : Knowing that men most of the time have a refractory period after orgasm, a woman will find it difficult to dare to continue to enjoy if her partner has already come back down. Conversely, as long as the latter has not come, a woman can have an indeterminate number of orgasms: “The first time I had a multiple orgasm, it took me by surprise. My boyfriend hadn’t yet come so we continued to make love after my orgasm and, a few minutes later, it happened to me a second time, ”says Héloïse, 23 years old.
- Maturity : good news: multiple orgasms multiply over time! “The more time passes, the more I have,” notes Jessica.
- Sextoys : whether it is to flourish sexually like with the incredible Womenizer, or to work the muscles of the vagina like with geisha balls, erotic toys can help.
- Let go : this is the key word. But it is the fruit of all the aforementioned elements and of a great open-mindedness (which can however be acquired, let it be said).
What inhibits multiple jouissance?
- Awesome sex: it’s crazy but it’s true. After extra coitus (that is, after an orgasm exceeding 8 on the Richter scale,) women are less eager for more sex. “My satisfaction depends more on the intensity of the orgasm than on the number,” explains one woman. I prefer to have one, but a big one, than small ones. “
- Socio-cultural blockages : a strict education or strong religious principles can obviously limit access to pleasure and, a fortiori, to multiple pleasures.
And, of course, the multiple orgasm will also be inhibited by the very opposite of what has been mentioned in the things that favor it: therefore the fact of not (multi) touching each other, of having a partner little to the listening, etc.
In short: multiple orgasm is enjoyable and accessible, so we can only encourage you to enjoy it.